Friday, August 23, 2013

Toxic Black Mold Can Make Us Seriously Sick

This is frightening for me to read, because this is what was found in my air-conditioning vent and the duct , over the bedroom door of my apartment building.

I sure do not need anymore illness. The guys said it was all cleaned out, but they are not 'professional mold removers.' The maintenance guys work  around in my apartment building. They did'nt even have proper protective masks or clothing on.

I love my apartment and it's been like coming home, as I lived here  before, but in a different apartment and had no trouble with mold or mold odors....I certainly do not want to have to move from here !

For more on what toxic black mold is and what happens to those exposed, read here :
http://blackmold.awardspace.com/stachybotrys.html#symptoms

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny! Glad you found the problem and got them to take care of it. You can breath better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, Chimp....but not really....this needs to be professionally eradicated by a verified mold remover company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They found mold in Peter's condo (Maria's son) and the builders paid him $5000 to stay away for 2 weeks while they removed the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have buried worries...what ever will be will be. The company here sure would not pay 225 residents anything to stay away....the maintenance guys did'nt rope off any area while they were vacumning out the duct...or taking down the vent filled with black mold....no face masks, nor protective gloves were used...when mold is disturbed, millions of tiny mold spores escape into the air. I'm glad Maria's son's condo is rid of the mold !

    ReplyDelete
  5. They would only have to fix the problem if the government stepped in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chimp ! I wonder how Maria's son got his mold cleared out ? There are hundreds of us suffering in these apartments. Some people just think they have allergies or a cold or flu. The maintenance guys were here today cleaning *all* the vents and spraying mold inhibitor into the spaces but there has been NO DUCT CLEANING !! The management cannot comprehend ( or does not want to ) that the MOLD PROBLEM is coming from the A/C Ducts !

    ReplyDelete