Thursday, August 29, 2013

Anaphylaxis or Anaphylactic Shock

I have been sick. Only this time it's from a chemical that was sprayed into my apartment a/c  ducts.
I have to get  the full name and ingredients so I'm aware of this , lest it should happen again.

The maintenance guys did not know and I did not know that I was allergic to these chemicals !

I had anaphylactic shock this past Tuesday, August 27th 2013.

I did'nt get all the symptoms at the same time. Right away, I had a peculiar feeling in my mouth, and all around my lips and tip of tongue felt fuzzy. My eyes were watery and my  ears and nose were stuffed up. The coughing began, but I felt better when I was outside.

I had a doctor appointment that afternoon. In the afternoon, the eyes were extremely watery. More coughing....shortness of breath whenever I talked awhile or walked from one room to another.

At 3:30 p.m. Tuesday, my temperature went down to 96* ! My whole body felt so cold. I felt sick, and had an unusual feeling. I said prayers.

The maintenance knows about this now, as I had a meeting with the maintenance manager.
I am just beginning to feel a bit better today.  It's early. I'm coughing but not hard. My nose is still blocked and one ear is blocked. Not feeling very perky at this time.

I went to bed at 11:30p.m. and woke up at 3:00a.m. today like I had  two pots of coffee or something.
I stayed in bed to rest my body and finally got up at 4:15 a.m. today.

No comments:

Post a Comment