Friday, August 23, 2013

Mold !

I have lived back here at my former apartment building since June 26th 2013.
Ever since, as I walked into my bedroom and back out again, I smelled this moldy smell.

I reported it to management and they got right on it, but have not done away with all the mold, as it's in the ducts and most likely our whole building ! The vent over my bedroom door was covered in black mold on the inside. Yuck ! This was/is very dangerous.

Not only that, I took a picture of the gapping hole while the vent was off.
 
The vent and the crud from the duct has been cleaned as of today ! But the mold is still there and in my other two a/c ducts, also! Currently, I'm trying to push the management into getting this serious health issue taken care of !
 
The company bought a new shop vac with a HEPA filter and also sprayed a type of mold cleaner into the duct, which has made me very sick with a lung disease named chemical pneumonitis.
 
 I don't know how often this will need to be done,  and I hope the management company will get on this before someone else 'dies' and is blamed on a pneumonia or heart attack cause of death.
 
  Really it most likely was the mold in our a/c ducts ! They have never been maintained properly as far as anyone knows. 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: